DO I NEED TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO GET TESTED?
Yes, guests are required to make an appointment on our webpage for both in-person and virtual testing. Guests are encouraged to get tested the day before their cruise ship departure date if choosing a Rapid Antigen Test. Walk in service will be limited or not available during peak hours.
WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS OF OPERATION?
Clinic hours may vary depending on the day or week. For the latest information on our hours of operation, please check our webpage at: https://empowerclinics.com/covid-19-testing/
WHAT TEST IS REQUIRED TO BOARD A CRUISE SHIP OUT OF VANCOUVER AND WHEN DO I NEED TO TAKE IT?
- Transport Canada requires all cruise guests to take an antigen test within 24 hours or a PCR test within 72 hours prior to boarding a cruise ship.
- If you are a Royal Caribbean or Celebrity Cruise Guest, please note these Cruise lines require all vaccinated guests to take an antigen test within 2 days of sailing (however, due to Transport Canada rules, guests must take an antigen test within 24 hours) and unvaccinated guests to take a PCR test within 3 days of sailing. These Cruise lines stipulate that PCR tests may not be taken the day of sailing.
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO GET MY TEST RESULTS?
Your antigen test results will be available within 1 hr from sample collection. Results will be sent via email/text message. A hardcopy of your results can be obtained onsite for those who do not have access to a mobile device.
HOW MUCH DOES THE TESTING COST?
- In-person testing: Rapid Antigen Testing $130 CDN / RT- Lamp Testing $ 250 CDN
- Virtual testing: Rapid Antigen Test Kit $100 CDN / RT- Lamp Test Kit $ 200 CDN – available for purchase at the clinic for self-administration via remote telehealth consult.
IS TELEHEALTH AVAILABLE?
Yes! Schedule an appointment on our webpage to purchase and pick up a rapid antigen test kit at our clinic, then make a telehealth appointment to conduct the test virtually.
WHAT PAYMENT OPTIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE?
- We accept all major credit cards and cash.
- Note: No currency exchanges will be made onsite. All cash will be at par with the CND dollar.